For inquiries, please contact Liza Fleissig of Liza Royce Agency
- Laura joins Zibby Owens’ award-winning podcast to discuss her 2015 bestselling novel, Shelter Us, and why she’s currently working on a memoir.
- “The beautiful minutiae of life”
- Laura speaks with host Lindsay Kavet about the creative process, how being a mom increased her creativity, and how as a young mom she struggled to write thirty minutes a week.
- Host Cyrus Webb: “The great thing about Shelter Us is that we’re able to see ourselves in it and take the journey along with the main character. And what a powerful read it is. What struck me is how real it is. As I was reading about it I thought, ‘Who could not relate to these feelings?'”
- Laura speaks about how we recover from loss, and how reaching out to help another person can bring them out of a dark place.
- [Starts at minute 12:20] Laura discusses which parts of Shelter Us are most autobiographical, and how to help friends who may be grieving.
Guest posts and columns
- How journal writing prepared me to write a novel
- On gaining a love for Torah — and a Guatemalan daughter
- How ancient tales shaped modern fiction
- Writing about what I feared most
- On joining the community of women writer
- “What Dads Need to Know”